Be the One!- Fire Fighter Recruitment
VOLUNTEER FIRE SERVICE PERSONNEL
Clearwater Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Paid-on-Call Volunteer Firefighter
The primary responsibilities of this position include (what we need from you)
- Community minded and spirited individuals who like to be involved in team efforts and are looking for a challenging, rewarding experience.
- Be available Thursdays 7-9pm for training
- Put in effort to complete required training during probation period
- Once probation passed, being available for call outs
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Class 5 driver’s license – abstract required before driving apparatus
- Preferably reside in Clearwater
- Willing to undergo a criminal record check
Benefits of being a paid on call firefighter with Clearwater (what you get from us)
- All required progressive training (JIBC Exterior Firefighter, First Aid and driver training is the minimum)
- WorkSafe BC coverage at training and calls
- Upon completion of probation:
- Supplied with a pager
- Dress uniform & Station wear
- On Duty & Off Duty accident & sickness insurance coverage
- Paid for training and callouts
- Become a member of the Clearwater Volunteer Firefighters Association.
We will be hosting an information session on November 10th from 7pm-8pm at the Clearwater Fire Station – 336 Clearwater Village Rd.