BUSINESS LICENCE & REGULATION BYLAW No. 124 ADOPTED
At the Regular Meeting of Council held on March 15th, 2016, Council adopted Business Licence & Regulation Bylaw No. 124, 2014, which will regulate the carrying on of business with the District of Clearwater.
Effective January 1, 2017, every business operating within the District of Clearwater will require a valid Business Licence. Information packages will be sent out early in the Fall, which will include an application form to be completed and submitted to the Business Licence Clerk, with the applicable licence fee (check Schedule “A” of Bylaw No. 124 for the Schedule of Business Licence Fees).
Bylaw No. 124 does NOT apply to:
- A society registered in British Columbia or Canada or a registered charitable organization who does not operate a retail or other commercial business on a regular basis;
- Occasional fundraising activities held by educational organizations, churches, sports teams, societies or other non-profit organizations;
- Rental of a single family dwelling or duplex where the rental agreement is subject to the Residential Tenancy Act;
- Farm business as defined in the Farm Practices Protection (Right to Farm) Act;
- An activity carried on by or on behalf of the Provincial or Federal government or a corporation or agency of the government; and
- Garage or yard sales held less than four (4) days per year.