2022-05-10 Public Service Announcement:
CLEARWATER – Clearwater and area residents are advised of a temporary change to the emergency department hours at Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital this afternoon and overnight due to unforeseen limited staffing availability.
The emergency department will be closed:
- 3 p.m. May 10 to 7 a.m. May 11
Interior Health regrets this temporary change to normal operations and reminds residents to take note of the following if they require care while the emergency department is closed:
- In the event of an emergency, call 911.
- Visit the emergency department at one of the following facilities:
- Royal Inland Hospital – 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24 hour service) if you are unsure of your need to seek emergency care.
The emergency department in Clearwater is normally open 24/7.