2021-09-20 – The Clearwater Volunteer Fire Department provides services for the protection of lives and property from fire hazards, comprehensive fire prevention, education program, and suppression service for the District of Clearwater. It has mutual aid agreements with the Blackpool and Vavenby Fire Departments as well as an auto aid agreement with BC Wildfire.
The Fire Department has 21 paid volunteer on-call firefighters who are managed and supported by one Fire Chief & one Deputy Fire Chief and four Captains.
In 2020 the department attended 54 Call Outs ranging from structure fires, chimney fire, vehicle incidents, fire responder calls, lift assist, etc.
The town is growing with the construction of the new apartment building, more senior housing, a new hotel and more projects planned. With that the work load for a fire department and the requirement for equipment and gear is changing.
Membership fluctuated recently due to age and life changes and now the department is looking for new members to join the team.
Training is provided and no previous experience is required but appreciated.
Basic requirements are:
* You must be 19 years of age or older.
* Hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
* Preferably reside in Clearwater.
* You must be available Thursdays 7-9pm for training. Recruits are also welcome to attend a training sessions on Mondays.
* You must pass a criminal record check.
* You are motivated and dedicated and want to be part of a team for a challenging, rewarding experience.
* Complete required training in a timely manner and
* will be available for call outs.
What you get from us:
* All required progressive training (Exterior Firefighter, First Aid and driver training is the minimum to be completed).
* WorkSafe BC coverage at training and calls
* Upon completion of probation: supplied with a pager, dress uniform, On Duty & Off Duty accident & sickness insurance coverage.
* Paid for training and callouts.
Covid restrictions are in place and need to be respected.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, please check our website for more information and come meet us on September 26 at 2pm at the Clearwater Firehall located at 336 Clearwater Village Road.