We heard from you… Thank you to everyone stopping by our booth during the Ice Cream Social at Raft River Elementary School.
Public Comments on Park Drive trail to Raft River Elementary School:
- Concern with restricting speed limitations on trucks that use this route to access the businesses in the flats
- Favourable to raised cross walks as they will act as a speed bump and indicate a change in speed near the school
- Suggestion to have the 30 km/hr speed limit start at the top of the Hospital Hill on Park Drive so people are not speeding down the hill
- Question as to how snow removal will be dealt with in the winter where there is parking and the walking pathway
- Request does not plant trees adjacent the walking pathway as it creates litter on the walk
- Requests to eliminate bike racks in front of the school and locate to the side of the main school building between annex and school
- Change path to go between annex building and school as this is an unused space. Bike racks be installed in this location
We got lots of positive feedback from parents and guardians. Next step is for the traffic engineer to present his findings to Council. We will keep you posted.