COUNCIL DECISIONS – January 10, 2017
For background information on the following Council Decisions, please review the January 10, 2017 Regular Council Meeting Agenda (which is posted on the website the Friday afternoon prior to the Tuesday Council meeting) here.
- Council approved the extension for the appointment of R.E. (Lee) Dodds as the Municipal Approving Officer for the District of Clearwater from January 1, 2017 to December 31st, 2017 (for subdivision approvals);
- Council directed staff to submit an application to the 2017 Canada Summer Jobs Program for two (2) students, with funds for the District’s share to be allocated in the 2017 Budget;
- Council directed staff to move forward with the replacement of the HVAC system at the Dutch Lake Community Centre, with funds up to $88,500 to be allocated from the 2017 Gas Tax funds;
- Council awarded a contract for the Refrigeration Chiller replacement and computer control system (programming) to Fraser Valley Refrigeration for $223,198 (excluding GST);
- Council adopted Policy No. 1700 – Fire Department Playbook Service Level;
- Council supported the nomination of Councillor Shelley Sim for President of the Southern Interior Local Government Association (SILGA) Executive for the 2017/2018 term;
- Council directed staff to invite Jacqueline Dawes, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Community, Sport, and Cultural Development to Clearwater to discuss the review of rural education practices and rural education funding.
Leslie Groulx, CMC
Chief Administrative Officer