COUNCIL DECISIONS – March 7 & 14, 2017
For background information on the following Council Decisions, please review the March 7 and 14, 2017 Regular Council Meeting Agenda here (which are posted on the website the Friday afternoon prior to the Tuesday Council meeting).
- Council agreed to support the Farmers Market Nutrition Coupon Program in the amount of $600, funds to be expended from the 2017 Grant in Aid Fund;
- Council adopted Sharps Disposal Containers Policy No. 1701; (these containers will be in all District washroom facilities)
- Council approved a 4% increase to Contract 2017-12 – Community Parks and Open Space Maintenance for 2017 and 2018, with funds allocated from the 2017 Five-Year Financial Plan; (there was a 7.5% increase allocated in the contract – contractor requested 4%)
- Council approved up to $750, if needed, towards hosting an evening event to welcome the UNBC Road Show at the end of April, 2017 (a group of health care students from the University of BC);
- Council directed staff to put out a call to garner interest from the business sectors in forming a Business Advisory Committee to Council; business sectors to include forestry, hospitality/tourism, agriculture, retail, real estate, education, healthcare, financial service/banking, and manufacturing, and to provide a follow up report at the Economic Development Committee of the Whole meeting in May, 2017;
- Council reported out of an In Camera meeting held March 7, 2017: That Council authorize the Clearwater Volunteer Fire Department to enter into an agreement with the BC Emergency Health Services (Province) to provide First Responder emergency health services to complement and assist the BC Ambulance Service in providing these services to the citizens of Clearwater within the municipal boundary, and that the implementation of the service be over a two-year period starting with “lift assists” in 2017, and emergency health services in 2018 (this is not to replace the current BC Ambulance services – only to assist where needed);
- Council approved the awarding of a contract for the Home Hardware drainage project on Clearwater Station Road to Borrow Enterprises Ltd. for $28,035 (inclusive of contingency and taxes), with fund to be allocated from the 2017 Roads Capital;
- Council approved $500 and in-kind services (i.e. liability insurance and venue) to the Wells Gray Outdoor Club for hosting the Banff Film Festival Tour on September 22, 2017; funds to be expended from the 2017 Grant-in-Aid Fund.
Leslie Groulx, CMC
Chief Administrative Officer