COUNCIL DECISIONS – October 4, 2016
For background information on the following Council Decisions, please review the October 4, 2016 Regular Council Meeting Agenda (which is posted on the website the Friday afternoon prior to the Tuesday Council meeting) on the District’s website.
- Council supported a “Kids Craft Day” and the “Dan Coleman Race” on October 12, 2016, organized by Raft River Elementary School;
- Council directed that a Public Hearing will take place on November 1, 2016 at 2pm in the Council Chambers at 209 Dutch Lake Road to give the public an opportunity to comment on the request to Release of Covenant X121590 at 1240 Bain Road, legally described as Lot A, District Lot 2623, KDYD, Plan 377651240 Bain Road, Clearwater, BC;
- Council accepted the October, 2016 Budget Position Report, as presented at the October 4, 2016 Regular meeting of Council;
- Council gave First, Second and Third Readings to District of Clearwater Places of Worship Permissive Tax Exemption Bylaw No. 91, 2012 Amendment Bylaw No. 159, 2016 – a bylaw to remove the permissive tax exemption for the year 2017 for the Evangelical Free Church of Canada on Lot 1, Plan 4889, DL 2620 (24E Old North Thompson Highway) – the property has changed status invoking the removal;
- Council directed staff to correspond with representatives of Junior Council to garner potential interest in attending the 88th Annual Youth Parliament in December, 2016, setting aside the cost of registration for two (2) youth from Clearwater Secondary School to attend.
Leslie Groulx, CMC
Chief Administrative Officer