Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council approved a grant in aid request of $1,000 made by the Wells Gray Country Vet Recruitment Coalition to complete a promotional recruitment video for the attraction of local veterinarian services. Council directed that the funding for the video be expended from the 2021 Professional Recruitment budget.
• Council accepted the 2020 Annual Water Report for distribution to Interior Health Authority, the Report will also be posted on the District’s website.
• A Public Hearing into Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 248, 2021 was held as part of the Council Meeting, after the hearing closed Council moved to the third reading and adoption of the bylaw, a site-specific allowance for usage as a racetrack.
• Council expressed appreciation for the 9-8-8 Crisis Line Initiative and will send a letter of support to British Columbia Municipalities.
• Council will send a letter thanking the Minister of Health for continued support of the BC Farmers Market Nutritional Coupon Program.
• Council expressed concern regarding correspondence from the District of Sicamous campaign about invasive Asian clams and will send a similar letter to municipalities in B.C.
• Council approved renewal of the Union of BC Municipalities 2021 Annual Membership in the amount of $1,795.02, allocated from the 2021 Legislative Membership Budget.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. but is not open to the Public in accordance with the Public Health Order issued on March 29, 2021 for Gatherings and Events.