Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council approved reducing the speed limit on Lakeview Road to 30km/hour. The RCMP and public will be notified as soon as the new signs have been installed.
• Council approved revisions to the Grants-in-Aid Policy 2008-02. Notification of the changes will be sent to all organizations that have applied for funding in the past.
• Council authorized the Thompson-Nicola Regional District to act as the primary applicant to submit an application to UBCM for the Housing Needs Report Program to complete a housing needs report for the District of Clearwater. The TNRD will manage the housing needs report grant funding on the District’s behalf.
• Council approved the completion of a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment for the property located at 453 Clearwater Village Road.
• Council approved the District submitting a request to present the District of Clearwater Economic Sustainability Model as a best practice/success story at the 2019 UBCM Small Talk Forum in September.
• Council approved providing a letter of support to the Rural Dividend 6th Intake for a $50,000 grant request to continue with the expansion of the Wells Gray Outdoors Club mountain bike trails.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 2 p.m.