Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Members of Junior Council were sworn in by Chief Administrative Officer, Leslie Groulx. Junior Council is comprised of: Josee Cooperman, President, Dallas Tucker, Vice-President, Emma Collins, Secretary, Juniper Wadlegger, Treasurer, Hannah MacDonald, Councillor, Claire Meyer, Councillor, Noelle Muddiman, Councillor, Luke Lavigne, Councillor.
• Council approved the request to provide a grant-in-aid of $1,000 to the Clearwater Food Bank.
• Council approved the Mayoral appointments to the District’s Committees for a six (6) month term effective January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020, this list can be found here.
• Council authorized Administration to mail a Notice of Intent to all owners/occupiers within 100 metres of #3-74 Young Road and to advertise in two editions of the local newspaper for a proposed new Cannabis Retail store. A Public Hearing will be scheduled in 2020.
• Council directed Administration to look into the development of a Parks Master Plan and to include Items B. Site Furnishings & Amenities in the sum of $15,600 from the L.A. West proposal for 37E Old North Thompson Highway to be included in the 2020 budget for consideration. Council directed Administration to include the remainder of the phases for the park in the draft of the Parks Master Plan.
• Council authorized Administration to proceed with submitting a grant application for the Interior Health Community Food Action Initiatives with Council’s contribution allocated from the 2020-2024 5 Year Financial Plan Economic Development Budget. The funding is available for communities within the Interior Health Region to support food security. The grant will be used to update and implement the North Thompson Regional Food Action plan and to develop and coordinate regional feed security networks.
• Bylaw 218, 2019 – Sewer User Fees and Bylaw 219, 2019 – Water User Fees were formally adopted by Council. These bylaws comprise of a 5% increase to Water User Rates and 10% increase to Sewer User Rates for both 2020 and 2021.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 2 p.m.