2022-02-18 – Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found on our here.
- Council approved a sponsorship for Clearwater Youth Soccer in the amount of $500.
- Council reviewed a presentation from Staff on budget preparations and directed staff to schedule a Public Consultation regarding the proposed financial plan prior to the March 1, 2022 Regular Council Meeting.
- Council approved the list of remaining projects within a Draft Infrastructure Masterplan in a motion referred from the Community and Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee.
- Subsequently Council adopted the full Update to District of Clearwater Infrastructure Master Plan dated November, 2021.
- Council appointed David Beck to the Trails Task Force Committee as a community member at large, for a term ending July 2023.
- Council directed staff to submit a grant application through the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program to complete necessary repairs to the District’s sewage network.
- Council decided to defer a construction project located on the 37E property to another fiscal year.
- Council introduced and gave first, second and third readings to District of Clearwater Bylaw No. 260, 2022, Amended 2021 – 2025 Five Year Financial Plan a bylaw to incorporate changes previously made by Council resolution into the 2021 Financial Plan.
- Council directed the signing of a Letter of Support for Bill C-216, presently in the Committee Stage of Federal parliament.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.