Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council approved the recommendation from the Trails Task Committee to consider in principle to creating a safer area for pedestrian and bike traffic by reducing the speed zone from 50 km per hour to 30 km per hour on the following sections of road:
– From the Raft River School along Clearwater Village Road up Park Drive to Norfolk Road; and
– From the junction of Clearwater Village for 150m south along Clearwater Village Road; and
– From the junction of Clearwater Village Road to Worbey Road along Candle Creek Road.
• Council approved the recommendation from the Trails Task Committee that approval in principle be given for the installation of a zebra cross walk at the junction of the Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital entrance (leaving the multiuse pathway) and Park Drive for pedestrian and bike traffic to crossover Park Drive for the purposes of travelling east along Park Drive down to Clearwater Village Road and ending at Raft River School. Council also directed Administration to bring back a report on the costs associated with engaging a Traffic Engineer to complete a report with options for designating a safe walking/bike path separate from the vehicle travel lane along Park Drive entering onto Clearwater Village Road, this report is to include options for the intersection at the bottom of Park Drive hill.
• Council approved the recommendation from the Wells Gray Community Forest Commission to provide a grant of $50,000 to the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC for the Clearwater Trout Hatchery – Community Fishing Pond Project.
• Council voted in favour to refer the discussion for future consideration of purchasing and installing Electric Vehicle charging stations to the 2019 Strategic Planning process.
• Council adopted District of Clearwater Development Cost Charge Reduction Bylaw No. 202, 2019 with respect to the proposed 20-unit seniors affordable housing complex located at 630 Park Drive.
• Council directed Administration to draft a letter of support regarding correspondence dated November 29, 2018 from the Peace River Regional District regarding the Caribou Recovery Update to UBCM and that Administration forward a copy of the correspondence to Simpcw First Nations, Thompson-Nicola Regional District and the Forestry Working Group.
• Council directed Administration to nominate the District of Clearwater for a SILGA Community Excellence Award under the Environmental Sustainability category for the District’s Bio-Mass project at the North Thompson Sportsplex.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, March 5, 2019.