2022-01-18 – Council Highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
- Council reviewed Capital Business Cases, Operating Templates and other documents prepared by staff as part of the 2022 Budget process.
- Council agreed to file a Notice pursuant to Section 57 of the Community Charter with the Land Titles Office regarding a property in town.
- Council approved changes to the COVID-19 Self-Isolation Policy (Policy No. 2001), bringing the policy in line with recent Public Health Guidelines on isolation.
- Council scheduled a separate meeting of the Community and Economic Development and Infrastructure Standing Committee and referred the matters of a Draft Development Cost Charges Bylaw and a Draft Infrastructure Masterplan Update to that meeting’s agenda.
- Council reconfigured the Recruitment and Retention Committee as a Working Group reporting to the Community and Economic Development and Infrastructure Standing Committee. The previous version of the group as a Select Committee was rescinded and Council reappointed the Committee members to the new Working Group.
- Council appointed Linda Klassen, as Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer for the District of Clearwater; and approved her as a signing authority for the District.
- Council authorized the purchase of a new backhoe for the Public Works Department.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.