Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council moved to update the 2019 Community Survey for 2021 and reissue in order to gain new input from the community. The survey was initially done prior to the closure of the Canfor sawmill and the pandemic. The survey will be promoted on the District’s website and Facebook page.
• Council directed staff to schedule an Open House for the purposes of the Cell#1 – Phase 2 sludge management proposal. The open house is intended to communicate to the public and to garner their input.
• Council directed Staff to bring back a report for consideration with recommendations on minor and major maintenance for road segments that would benefit from crack sealing, chip sealing and pavement overlay in line with a $328,000 budget.
• Council approved the release of a financial contribution of $300,000 from Wells Gray Community Forest Commission funds to build an Amenity Building included in Phase 5 of the Evergreen Acres Senior Housing Society project.
• Council approved the release of an amount up to $50,000 for the District of Clearwater Trails Task Force Committee from the Wells Gray Community Forest Commission for the purposes of moving forward with the design drawings, drafting and advertisement of a Negotiated Request for Proposal to construct the Park Drive / Raft River multi-use pathway. This will assist to bring this project to shovel ready status pending grant approval from Investing in Canada – COVID Resiliency Infrastructure Stream.
• Development Permit DP-20-01 was approved and issued for the Property located at 421 Wildwood Road (legally described as Lot 8, District Lot 73, KDYD, Plan 34224). The Development Permit is for form and character of the proposed construction of a Whiskey Bar and apartments.
• Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 248, 2021, was introduced and read a first and second time and will be taken to a Public Hearing in conjunction with a regular Council meeting. The Zoning amendment Bylaw 248 is to rezone Lot A, District Lot 1725, KDYD, Plan KAP91502; for the use of Stockcar Racetrack.
• Council forwarded the invitation to review and comment on the Simpcw Forest Stewardship Plan to the District of Clearwater Forestry Working Group.
• Council directed Staff to submit a grant application to UBCM’s Community Emergency Preparedness Fund – Emergency Operations Centres and Training stream for up to $25,000 to include an update to the District of Clearwater’s Emergency Evacuation Plan, purchase and install of equipment and supplies for an Emergency Operations Centre (North Thompson Sportsplex), and to host a training exercise to build capacity within the District Staff.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. but is not open to the Public in accordance with the Public Health Order issued on December 2, 2020 for Gatherings and Events.