Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council approved a Grant-In-Aid request from the Clearwater Children’s Art Festival in the amount of $500 to purchase a new festival banner in 2020.
• Council approved extending the contract for winter maintenance for Park Drive/Clearwater Village Road multi-use pathway and Park Drive curb, gutter sidewalk from the Highway 5 Roundabout to Robson Street including Murtle Crescent to Helmcken Street to Borrow Enterprises Ltd (sidewalk snow removal in part of the road maintenance contract, pricing is what the approval is for).
• Council supported the submission of an application to the UBCM Community Emergency Preparedness Fund for the Volunteer & Composite Fire Departments Equipment & Training 2019 stream in an amount up to $25,000 (this is to purchase equipment for the Fire Department).
• Council reappointed Patricia Ellis, Sille Enterprises Ltd. K9 Systems Control as the District’s Animal Control Officer/Pound Keeper and extended the service agreement for one year.
• Council approved engaging Forsite Consultants Ltd. and the expenditure of $1,200 to complete the 2020 Community Resiliency Investment Program.
• Council directed staff to proceed with a grant application under the UBCM 2020 Community Resiliency Investment Program of up to a maximum amount of $150,000 to complete fuel management activities, representing 100% funding.
• Council gave Municipal Ticket Information (MTI) System Bylaw No. 221, 2019 first and second reading. The MTI system is a tool to efficiently, effectively and economically achieve compliance with community bylaws. Council gave first and second readings to the Noise Control, Good Neighbour, Business Licensing, Volunteer Fire Department, Building Regulation, Animal Control, Traffic & Highway Use as they require amendments to align with the proposed MTI Bylaw. In addition, Council approved an amendment to Bylaw Investigation and Enforcement Policy No. 1901.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 2 p.m.