Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
- Council adopted Terms of Reference for the newly created Select Committee on Recruitment and Retention and made five initial appointments, in addition Councilor Banford was designated to serve as Council’s Representative on the Committee.
- Council approved a recommendation from the Infrastructure Committee that a policy be developed to guide the deployment of Municipal fire equipment in 2022 before the next fire season starts.
- Council reappointed BDO as the District of Clearwater External Auditor for the 2021 financial year.
- Council approved the closure of the Municipal Offices over the Christmas break from December 24, 2021, at 12:00 noon until reopening at 8:30 a.m. on Monday January 3, 2022.
- Council approved an extension of the Road Maintenance Contract for winter maintenance of three multi-use pathways. Winter Maintenance of the paths is to follow the the service levels established by the Council Policy on the matter (Policy No. 1708.)
- Council directed staff to review the Terms of Reference for Standing Committees of the Whole and Select Committees for opportunities to amalgamate and redistribute Committee workloads going forward; these changes will be reflected when Council approves the 2022 Council Schedule in December.
- Council adopted Council Procedure Amendment Bylaw No. 256, 2021 a bylaw that updates Council meeting procedures related to
- the process for electronic meetings
- order of business on Council meeting agendas
- referrals from the Council Agenda
- reading and adopting bylaws
- Council adopted the Permissive Tax Exemption “Not for Profit” Bylaw No.257, 2021
- Council granted the request of the Wells Gray Lively Arts Society for the remainder of Grant-in-Aid funds originally designated for Summer Stage performances this year be made available for use in ‘Winter Stage’ performances in 2022.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Watch the video of the meeting here.