Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council approved a Grant-in-Aid Request from the North Thompson Business Luncheon Committee to cover the costs of liability insurance to a maximum of $300 for the 2020 North Thompson Business Expo. This is an excellent economic development initiative.
• Council approved entering into a Municipal Insurance Service Provider Agreement between the District of Clearwater and the North Thompson Business Luncheon Committee for liability insurance to host the 2020 North Thompson Business Expo.
• Council approved District of Clearwater Reserve and Surplus Policy 1804. The policy establishes guiding principles for the District’s surplus and reserve levels. Appropriate surplus levels will allow the District to maintain stable and predictable levies by buffering the impact of emergencies, unusual or unplanned cost increases, and revenue volatility.
• Council approved awarding a contract for the Community Wildfire Protection Plan Update to Forsite Consultants Ltd. In the amount of $34,982 (including GST). The District of Clearwater developed a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) in 2012 after the completion of 427ha. of fuel management. In order to apply for fuel management funding in this next round the CWPP must be updated.
• Council gave District of Clearwater Reserve Fund Bylaw No. 216, 2019 1st, 2nd and 3rd readings. The bylaw will be presented for formal adoption at the September 17, 2019 Regular Council meeting.
• Council gave District of Clearwater Firearms Regulation Bylaw No. 220, 2019 first, second and third reading. The proposed bylaw prohibits a person from discharging a firearm or bow within the District boundaries, however, it provides for a number of exemptions where the bylaw does not apply. The bylaw will be presented for formal adoption at the September 17, 2019 Regular Council meeting.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 2 p.m.