New cases: 619 (4 epi-linked)
- Vancouver Coastal Health Region: 121
- Fraser Health Region: 384
- Interior Health Region: 81
- Island Health Region: 5
- Northern Health Region: 27
- People who reside outside of Canada: 1
Total cases in B.C. since the start of the pandemic: 39,337
Active cases of COVID-19 in B.C.: 9,329
- 338 individuals hospitalized (75 in intensive care)
11,526 people in B.C. are under active public health monitoring
Health Care Facility Outbreak:
- Courtyard Terrace Assisted Living
“Today, we shared our COVID-19 vaccine strategy in step with federal approval of the first safe and effective vaccine available in Canada. Next week, British Columbians will begin to receive the Pfizer vaccine, launching our provincewide immunization program.
“This is a significant turning point in our B.C. COVID-19 response that, simply put, will save lives.
“As we recognize this milestone and look ahead, let’s remember the importance of continuing to work together, to follow the public health orders and to use our layers of protection until the vaccine is available for all of us.”