Joint statement on Province of B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read the full statement here.
- 44 new cases, total of 1,561 cases of COVID-19 in British Columbia.
- Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 670 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 623 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 92 are in the Island Health region,
- 146 are in the Interior Health region and
- 30 are in the Northern Health region.
- 3 new COVID-19 related deaths (one in the Interior Health region), total of 75 deaths in British Columbia.
- 955 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered and no longer require isolation.
- 131 individuals are currently hospitalized, 59 of those are in intensive care, and the remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- We have taken a co-ordinated, provincewide approach to our COVID-19 response to ensure the needs that exist within every community are addressed.
- Elders and Seniors are most vulnerable to COVID-19 and we must do all we can to protect them.
- We recognize that every community in B.C. is unique – with different health-care services and required support. Smaller communities have limited health services, which makes managing and responding to COVID-19 all the more challenging.
- Localized testing capabilities have been established in the Interior and North to shorten testing turnaround times and reduce the potential for community transmission.
- From the outset of this pandemic, we have adapted our response and added new tools to support British Columbians, and we will continue to do so moving forward. What we do today and every day matters.
- Let’s continue to work together, to stay strong and flatten the curve.
BC Covid-19 Response Update with information on new provincial advice and measures and new travel/federal measures.