Joint statement on Province of B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read the full statement here.
- 14 new cases, total of 1,575 cases of COVID-19 in British Columbia.
- Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 670 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 630 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 94 are in the Island Health region,
- 149 are in the Interior Health region and
- 32 are in the Northern Health region.
- 3 new COVID-19 related deaths, for a total of 78 deaths in British Columbia.
- 983 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered and no longer require isolation.
- Of the total cases, 120 individuals are currently hospitalized, 56 of those are in intensive care, and the remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- As we all continue to maintain safe physical distancing precautions and follow good hand hygiene, it is vital that we show care and compassion for those around us.
- We have also put a new provincial health officer’s order in place to require agricultural employers to establish and maintain infection control plans. To support these efforts, we have authorized bylaw enforcement officers to review these plans to ensure appropriate measures are in place to protect the workers and our communities.
- Our shared efforts to flatten the curve make a difference. Each day that we hold the line, we are stronger and better for it.