Joint statement on Province of B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read the full statement here.
– 29 new cases, total of 1,853 cases in British Columbia.
– Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 767 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 772 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 114 are in the Island Health region,
- 158 are in the Interior Health region and
- 42 are in the Northern Health region.
– 4 new COVID-19 related deaths, total of 98 deaths in British Columbia.
– To date, 1,114 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered and no longer require isolation.
– Of the total COVID-19 cases, 96 individuals are hospitalized, and 41 of those are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
– Maintaining a safe physical distance, washing hands frequently and staying home when ill continue to be the best things we can do to protect our communities and continue to bend the curve.
– While our weekends are a time to unwind and relax, the exception is with these important health measures. As you get outside and safely spend time with loved ones, let’s continue to stay strong and show care and compassion to those around us, by ensuring we do not undo all of our hard work and sacrifice.
BC Covid-19 Response Update with information on new provincial advice and measures and new federal measures.