Joint statement on Province of B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read the full statement here.
– 34 new cases, total of 2,087 cases in British Columbia.
– Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 811 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 941 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 120 are in the Island Health region,
- 169 are in the Interior Health region and
- 46 are in the Northern Health region.
– 4 new COVID-19 related deaths, total of 109 deaths in British Columbia.
– To date, 1,305 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered. Of the total COVID-19 cases, 89 individuals are hospitalized, 35 of those are in intensive care. The remaining people with COVID-19 are recovering at home in self-isolation.
– We must remember that every day we commit to doing all we can to flatten the COVID-19 curve is one day more that we are keeping our communities, health-care workers, Elders and loved ones safe. The public health measures we have today are hard on all of us, and we want to thank you for the immense efforts you continue to make.
– Our province has been shaken by this storm, but British Columbians have shown us that our foundation remains strong.