Joint statement on Province of B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read full statement here.
- 53 new cases, total of 1,174 cases in British Columbia
- Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 541 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 412 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 74 are in the Island Health region,
- 126 are in the Interior Health region and
- 21 are in the Northern Health region.
- 35 COVID-19 related deaths in British Columbia.
- 673 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered and no longer have isolation requirements.
- 146 individuals are currently hospitalized, 64 in intensive care
- in British Columbia, people have gone to extraordinary efforts, making sacrifices to protect their families, our health-care workers and our communities, we must be strong to slow the spread of COVID-19 and flatten the curve.
- Travellers must immediately self-isolate for 14 days from the moment you arrive at the airport or cross a land border – without question and without exception.