Joint statement on Province of B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read the full statement here.
– 25 new cases, total of 2,112 cases in British Columbia.
– Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 815 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 961 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 120 are in the Island Health region,
- 170 are in the Interior Health region and
- 46 are in the Northern Health region.
– 2 new COVID-19 related deaths, for a total of 111 deaths in British Columbia.
– To date, 1,322 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered. Of the total COVID-19 cases, 82 individuals are currently hospitalized, 30 of those are in intensive care, and the remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
– It is important for all of us to understand the risks of COVID-19 and what you need to do to stay safe. No matter how long it takes or what new circumstances may arise, we remain committed to keeping everyone in B.C. informed through our regular updates and briefings.
– Our lives, our businesses and our communities have dramatically changed, and yet one thing has stayed the same: the commitment of everyone in B.C. to work together to keep our firewall strong. Thank you.