Joint statement on Province of B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read the full statement here.
- 29 new cases, total of 1,203 cases in British Columbia.
- Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 554 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 424 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 76 are in the Island Health region,
- 128 are in the Interior Health region and
- 21 are in the Northern Health region.
- 38 COVID-19 related deaths in British Columbia
- 704 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered and no longer require isolation.
- 149 individuals are currently hospitalized, 68 of those are in intensive care and the remaining people with COVID-19 are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- Everyone in British Columbia is doing what it takes to protect our families, our elders, our health-care workers and our communities. We must continue to hold the line; to keep our firewall strong and flatten the curve.
- A new COVID-19 Strategic Research Advisory Committee is facilitating research efforts across the province
- research will focus on B.C.-specific epidemiology and public health countermeasures to address some of the challenges of long-term care homes, inner city populations, rural communities, Indigenous people, and health-care workers. This is in addition to a variety of research that is already underway across B.C., as we do all we can to understand this virus, to stop transmission and protect our province