Joint statement on Province of B.C.’s COVID-19 response, latest updates
Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued the following joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read the full statement here.
– 33 new cases, total of 2,145 cases in British Columbia.
– Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 823 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 978 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 121 are in the Island Health region,
- 174 are in the Interior Health region and
- 49 are in the Northern Health region.
– 1 new COVID-19 related death, total of 112 deaths in British Columbia.
– To date, 1,357 people who had tested positive for COVID-19 have recovered. Of the total COVID-19 cases, 79 individuals are hospitalized, and 24 of those are in intensive care. The remaining people with COVID-19 are recovering at home in self-isolation.
– Today is National Physicians Day, as well as the start of National Medical Laboratory Week. It is an opportunity for all of us to recognize the dedication and contributions of our physicans, our medical laboratory professionals and all our other health-care workers – the people whose responsibility it is to care for all of us.
– Let’s honour and protect them by doing all we can to continue to flatten the curve. When we are outside this weekend, think of them and always keep a safe physical distance from those around you. Be 100% committed to keeping our firewall strong.