NEW PHO ORDER (November 7 – 23, 2020): “All individuals, places of work, and business in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley must significantly reduce their level of social interactions and travel.”
- The order is in effect from November 7 – 23, 2020
- Social interactions must be kept to only your core bubble (those who you spend the most time with and are physically close to).
- ALL social gatherings (of any size) is prohibited other than with your core bubble.
New cases: 998 new cases
- November 7-8: 536
- November 8-9: 462
Geographical breakdown of new COVID-19 cases:
- Vancouver Coastal Health Region: 210
- Fraser Health Region: 737
- Island Health Region: 12
- Interior Health Region: 28
- Northern Health Region: 11
- Residing Outside of Canada: 0
Total documented cases in B.C. since the start of the pandemic: 18,714 cases
Total active cases in B.C.: 4,891
People who are under active public health monitoring due to COVID-19 exposure: 9,179
Total B.C. cases recovered: 13,425
Total deaths in B.C.: 281
Hospitalized cases: 133 (43 in intensive care)
New outbreak locations:
- Harrison Pointe
Active outbreaks in long-term care or assisted-living facilities: 32 (5 acute-care facilities)
“If you are in doubt about whether to travel or see someone, do not do it. If you can adjust your usual routine to see fewer people, then now is the time.
“We ask every business in the province to revisit its COVID-19 safety plans to ensure you are doing all you can to protect your employees and customers.
“We recognize taking a step back now has an impact on our mental, emotional and financial well-being. Especially with Remembrance Day ahead, let’s all look to our veterans who have shown us how important it is to persevere when there seems to be more darkness than light.”