Municipal Hall is where the primary tasks of running municipal government are carried out. The municipality is committed to ensuring that citizens receive excellent customer service from everyone working on their behalf. We are committed to service excellence.
This section of the Municipal Website provides information and services from the administrative side of the District operations and development services. Things like finance, taxes, budgets, meetings & agendas, and municipal bylaws - are required to keep the municipal government moving forward. This section also provides the community development information on land use, pertinent development and building application processes. Building inspection and bylaw enforcement are also part of this section. The functions and membership of our Municipal Council and the organization of our Divisions and Departments are also described here.
The District of Clearwater provides the following services:
Parks and Recreation: (North Thompson Sportsplex, Community Parks, Ball Diamonds)
Development Services: (Planning, Development Permits, Subdivision, Zoning)
Economic Development & Tourism promotion
ICBC/Motor Vehicle Appointed Agent
Public Works: (Water System, Sewer System)
Chief Administrative Officer
(G.) Louise Payne
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) of the District of Clearwater is appointed by and reports to Municipal Council. The CAO duties and functions include the following:
- Overall management of the operations of the municipality;
- Ensuring that the policies, programs and other directions of the council are implemented;
- Advising and informing the council on the operation and affairs of the municipality.
The Corporate Administrator (CA) of the District of Clearwater is assigned the responsibility of corporate administration, which includes the following powers, duties and functions:
- ensuring that accurate minutes of the meetings of the council and council committees are prepared and that the minutes, bylaws and other records of the business of the council and council committees are maintained and kept safe;
- ensuring that access is provided to records of the council and council committees, as required by law or authorized by the council;
- administering oaths and taking affirmations, affidavits and declarations required to be taken under this Act or any other Act relating to municipalities;
- certifying copies of bylaws and other documents, as required or requested;
- accepting, on behalf of the council or municipality, notices and documents that are required or permitted to be given to, served on, filed with or otherwise provided to the council or municipality;
- keeping the corporate seal, if any, and having it affixed to documents as required.
Also works in the capacity of the Economic Development Officer.
Director of Finance
The Director of Finance the responsible for financial administration, which includes the following powers, duties and functions:
- receiving all money paid to the municipality;
- ensuring the keeping of all funds and securities of the municipality;
- investing municipal funds, until required, in authorized investments;
- expending municipal money in the manner authorized by the council;
- ensuring that accurate records and full accounts of the financial affairs of the municipality are prepared, maintained and kept safe;
- exercising control and supervision over all other financial affairs of the municipality