Funding for Well#3 approved!!

Stefanie Poisson

The District of Clearwater has received funding through the Cleanwater / Wastewater Infrastructure fund for a new water supply – Well#3. This project will not only provide a new water source – it will include a pressure reducing system to reduce high pressure in the Dutch Lake neighbourhood, along with a primary supply main between Well#3 and the Archibald Road Reservoir.  Well#3 will be built in the area of our existing Well#1 – Reg Small Park.

Among the benefits of this project are: reduction of reliance on Well#2 (which contains manganese concentrations levels – black water issues); provide alternate water source when Russell Creek (gravity feed system) cannot be online due to high turbidity (during freshet); eliminate hydraulic “bottlenecks” in the existing supply system; provide significant electrical energy savings; and upgrade water supply infrastructure to support economic growth within the community.

Council is very pleased to be one of the 144 communities across BC that were awarded the Cleanwater Wastewater Grant – the project costs are $2,113,000 with a maximum federal/provincial contribution of $1,747,980 (83% funding) with the District providing the remaining $365,020 (17% funding).

This announcement came on the heels of the Rural Dividend Funding announcement of $240,000 for the Park Drive multiuse pathway to be build this summer.

 

No comments

Leave a Reply