The Financial Services Department is responsible for:
- Property tax and utility preparation and collection
- Budgeting and long term financial planning
- Financial management, reporting, planning and analysis
- Cash, investing, portfolio and debt management
- Insurance and risk management
- Processing accounts payable and receivable
- Financial statement preparation and reporting
- Payroll and benefit administration
- Administration of the District’s assets and liabilities
- Information technology services
Director of Finance
Financial Accounting Supervisor
Please send correspondence to:
- Mail cheque or money order to District of Clearwater
- Pay in person with cash or cheque
- Payment by phone or online (inquire with your bank).
Payments are NOT accepted at bank machines. Please enclose remittance stub with payment. DO NOT REMIT CASH BY MAIL.
The budget serves as an outline for how the monies that come into the District of Clearwater should be spent to maintain and improve the District.
As the District is limited by the amount of resources available, the budget helps in determining which objectives have the highest priority and will produce the greatest positive impact in the community.
The District of Clearwater incorporates an overall long term financial sustainability principle into the development of the financial plan. The foundation of this principle is to:
- ensure adequate funding for services and infrastructure
- access diversified sources of revenue
- manage expenditures / contain costs / be efficient
- provide for contingencies / manage business risk / operate prudently
- maintain reserves for the future
- use debt strategically
The Financial Plan
- focuses on sustaining reserves
- continues Council’s policy of infrastructure sustainability
- supports Council’s “Strategic Priorities”
|Due Date(s)||Responsibility||Description of Activity|
|In Progress||Department Heads||2018 Operating and Capital Budgets Five Year Financial Plan|
|November 21, 2017||CFO||Budget Schedule to Council|
|December 5, 2017||Finance & Audit Committee||Review 2017 to date, 2018 levels of service, special projects and challenges|
|January 9, 2018
|Council Workshop||General Fund Operations & Capital budget presentations by Director of Finance|
|January 23, 2018
Water & Sewer Fund presentations by Director of Finance
|February 6, 2018||Finance & Audit COTW||Review Operating & Capital Budgets|
|February 6, 2018
|Open House||Financial Plan Public Consultation|
|February 20, 2018
|Council Workshop||Consider public feedback, adjust financial plan|
|March 6, 2018||Regular Council Meeting||1st, 2nd and 3rd reading 2018-2022 Financial Plan Bylaw|
|April 17, 2018
|Regular Council Meeting||Adopt 2018-2022 Financial Plan Bylaw
Introduce 2018 Tax Rates Bylaw
|May 1, 2018||Regular Council Meeting||1st, 2nd and 3rd readings 2018 Tax Rates Bylaw|
|May 15, 2018||Regular Council Meeting||Adopt 2018 Tax Rates Bylaw|
Ways to Learn About the Budget
- The Financial Plan (Files) provides detailed information on the District of Clearwater budget. View the latest Five Year Financial Plan Open House Presentation (Files) and attend this year’s upcoming open house.
- View Financial Statements and Bylaws here, or contact us for a copy.
- Contact the District via email, phone, or in person with any questions you might have regarding the budget.