District of Clearwater News and Press
News and Press
- Thursday, 28 November 2013 05:22
Please download the following PDF document to view the District of Clearwater Newsletter Vol 2 Issue 7.
- Friday, 15 November 2013 03:29
PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING NOVEMBER 19TH, 2013 at 6:00pm IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS ON BYLAW NO. 111, 2013
A Bylaw to establish Subdivision and Development (Highway Standards)
Council is interested in your input
- Monday, 28 October 2013 04:23
Please download the following press release about the new Invest Thompson-Nicola BC Website www.investthompsonnicolabc.ca.
- Friday, 18 October 2013 03:33
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
In an effort to minimize damage to objects that have been placed next to grave sites over the winter months; the District will be removing all flower arrangements, and any other adornments from the Cemetery. The District encourages relatives/friends of these sites to remove these items before October 31, 2013. Any adornments still present after October 31, 2013 will be removed by the District and stored onsite; flower arrangements, etc will be discarded.
Unclaimed adornments will be displayed in April 2014 at the Cemetery for any patrons that would like to reinstate them; however the District would like to remind patrons that these objects will be removed in the fall. Any adornments not claim by the end of April 2014 will be discarded.
- Tuesday, 17 September 2013 04:03
Please download the following notice on the recent transfer of road maintenance responsibilities around the District of Clearwater.
- Sunday, 01 September 2013 01:51
Please click on the following link to view the District of Clearwater 2013 Fall Community Recreation Guide.
- Wednesday, 21 August 2013 22:01
Local governments from across B.C. have joined with the Province and the Union of BC Municipalities, to find ways to tackle the challenges posed by climate change, pledging to take action to significantly cut both corporate and community-wide greenhouse gas emissions.
The District of Clearwater signed on to the BC Climate Action Charter in 2008, and therefore has pledged to work towards becoming a carbon neutral corporation. Carbon neutrality will be achieved in three parts:
- Reducing the District's carbon footprint through corporate activities; reducing greenhouse gas emission through corporate activities and policies.
- Completing projects that have been qualified to offset greenhouse gas emissions.
- Purchasing offsets from an approved provider.
The recently adopted District of Clearwater Official Community Plan (OCP) includes the following objective: To reduce community-wide GHG emissions by 10% below 2007 levels by the year 2020, and 33% below 2007 levels by 2050.
The OCP outlines the District's policy statement that will provide leadership, guidance and assistance to the community as it works towards this objective.
Annual reporting is required of the District of Clearwater and will be posted when available on this webpage.
- Monday, 19 August 2013 21:40
The Board of Directors Regular Meeting scheduled for Thursday, August 22, 2013 will be held at the Clearwater Legion Hall, 3-257 Glen, Clearwater, BC, beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Please download the following Press Release for more information.
- Friday, 16 August 2013 20:25
The Kamloops Fire Centre is urging the public to abide by the current campfire prohibition or face fines and possible prosecution.
Please download the following document for more information.
- Friday, 09 August 2013 21:39
The District of Clearwater has demonstrated its commitment to work with the Province and the Union of BC Municipalities (UBCM) to take action on climate change and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in its corporate operations and the broader community.
The joint Provincial-UBCM Green Communities Committee (GCC) has established the multi-level Climate Action Recognition Program as a way of acknowledging the progress and efforts being taken by local government leaders as they work to achieve their climate goals.
As the District of Clearwater has met the goal of corporate carbon neutrality of the 2012 reporting year, we have been awarded Level 3 recognition – 'Achievement of Carbon Neutrality.'
- 2013 Clearwater Canoe Regatta
- CAMPFIRE BAN IN EFFECT AUGUST 1, 2013
- Road Strategy Press Release
- Yoga and Zumba in the Park
- Wells Gray Treasure Hunt
- Swimming Lessons Schedule
- Wells Gray World Heritage Year Summer Events 2013
- 2nd Annual Clearwater Childrens Art Festival
- Clearwater and Area Transit Information
- Clearwater Volleyball Camp