Updated June: ADOPTED NEW Zoning Bylaw No. 133, Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 149, Flood Regulation Bylaw No. 150, Land Use Contract Termination Bylaw No. 156 & Animal Control Bylaw No. 148
Updated: June 2016
New Zoning Bylaw No. 133, 2016 adopted and now in effect
The new Zoning Bylaw No. 133, 2016 received First Reading at the April 5th, 2016 Regular Meeting of Council (staff report), Second Reading at the April 19th, 2016 Regular Meeting of Council (staff report), Third Reading on May 17th, 2016 (staff report) following Public Hearing on May 11th, 2016 and finally adopted by Council on June 7, 2016. Bylaw No. 133 contains fewer zones (17 compared with 33 previously) and in most cases, is more permissive/inclusive zoning.
The following “companion bylaws” (to the new Zoning Bylaw) were also adopted by Council on June 7th, 2016.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 149 – a minor Official Community Plan (OCP) amendment to ensure the new Zoning Bylaw and the OCP are consistent;
- Animal Control Bylaw No. 148 – a bylaw to regulate and control animals within the District of Clearwater;
- Flood Regulation Bylaw No. 150 – a bylaw to designate certain lands as floodplain and regulate development of the floodplain;
- Land Use Contract Termination Bylaw No. 156 – a bylaw to terminate Land Use Contract Bylaw Nos. 270, 351, 398, and 480.
View the NEW Zoning Map Bylaw 133
View the existing 4 Land Use Contract Bylaws proposed to be terminated and replaced with zoning:
Next Steps Process complete!
- Collect & review public input
- Draft companion bylaws to support proposed Zoning Bylaw 133
- Formal bylaw referrals & post all bylaws on District of Clearwater website
- Bring bylaws to Council for debate and 1st & 2nd Readings
- Notice & Public Hearing to be held May 11th at 6:30pm
- Bring Bylaws to Council for 3rd Reading
- Bring Bylaws to Council for Final Adoption completed June 7, 2016