Wildfire Update: EVACUATION ALERT for the ENTIRE DISTRICT OF CLEARWATER July 15, 2017 @ 14:45
An evacuation alert has been issued by the District of Clearwater.
There is a wildfire approaching the District of Clearwater and the wildfire poses an imminent threat to people and property. Due to the potential danger to life and health, the District of Clearwater has issued an Evacuation Alert for the entire District of Clearwater, with the exception the Canfor Vavenby mill site and Yellowhead Mines properties in Vavenby, as identified on the attached map.
An evacuation alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises and property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance warning as possible prior to the evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
- Locate all family members and be prepared to evacuate your residence and property to an identified safe reception center.
- Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (insurance), photographs and immediate care needs for dependants.
- Prepare to move any disabled persons and children.
- Collect pets and pet needs.
- If possible, move livestock to a safe area.
IN THE EVENT AN EVACUATION IS REQUIRED, residents in the District of Clearwater identified on the attached map will need to exit the area.
If you require transportation assistance or more information contact the District Emergency Operations Centre at 250-674-3416.
For Immediate Release: July 15, 2017, 14:45 hrs.
To view the District of Clearwater Evacuation Alert Map click here.