Wildfire Update from BC Wildfire Service: Area restriction in effect for Little Fort fires
For Immediate Release
July 11, 2017
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations BC Wildfire Service
Area restriction in effect for Little Fort fires
KAMLOOPS – A public access restriction for the areas around the Thuya Creek and Dunn Lake wildfires is now in effect and will remain in force until the public is otherwise notified. This restriction was put in place to protect the safety of the public and firefighting personnel.
The wildfires west and north of Dunn Lake are highly visible from Highway 5, near Little Fort.
The area restriction order means that no one, apart from authorized personnel, may enter these areas at any time. The order applies to all Crown land within the geographic boundaries outlined below:
Dunn Lake area
* The northwest corner of the restricted area lies on the east side of the North Thompson River at the end of Auldgrith Road. The northeast corner of the restricted area lies at the one-kilometre mark on Bradshaw Road.
* The southeast corner of the area restriction lies at the junction of Dunn Creek and Cowell Creek and the southwest corner of the boundary is located exactly parallel to the east corner, at the banks of the North Thompson River.
Thuya Creek area
* The northwest corner of the Thuya Creek area restriction is at Hairy Lake. The northeast corner of the Thuya Creek restriction starts at Eakon Creek Canyon Park.
* The southeast corner is at the start of the Thuya Creek Forest Service Road and the southwest corner is at Dunbar Lake.
Maps of the affected areas are available online:
* Dunn Lake area: http://ow.ly/TMOR30dytZW
* Thuya Creek area: http://ow.ly/kGdC30dytUN
The Thompson Nicola Regional District has issued evacuation alerts and orders in this area. For more information about these alerts and orders, please visit: https://www.tnrd.ca/
To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1 800 663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone. For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: http://www.bcwildfire.ca
You can also follow the latest wildfire news on:
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/BCGovFireInfo
* Facebook: http://facebook.com/BCForestFireInfo
Fire Information Officer
BC Wildfire Service