Wildfire Update from Thompson-Nicola Regional District for Electoral Area “A” (Wells Gray Country) Hallamore Lake
Wildfire Update from Thompson-Nicola Regional District for
Electoral Area “A” (Wells Gray Country) Hallamore Lake
An evacuation alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District.
There is a wildfire in the vicinity of Hallamore Lake and the wildfire poses an imminent threat to people and property. Due to the potential danger to life and health, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following properties north of Hallamore Lake:
Properties within Electoral Area ‘A’:
• 950, 1192, 1193, 1236, 1249, 1256, 1280, 1360, 1520, 1656, 1684, 1720, 1753,
1756, 1780, 1800, 1832, 1864, 1892, 1916, 1936, 1939, 1950, 1952, 2030, 2088
Dunn Lake Road
• 60, 61 Emery Rd, as identified on the attached map
Properties within the District of Clearwater:
• 415, 421, 425, 427, 429, 436, 479, 480, Clearwater Station Rd
• 91, 113, 220, 446, 450, 460 Dunn Lake Rd, as identified on the attached map
An evacuation alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises and property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance warning as possible prior to the evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
1. Locate all family members and be prepared to evacuate your residence and property to an identified safe reception center.
2. Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (insurance), photographs and immediate care needs for dependants, (insurance), photographs and immediate care needs for dependents.
3. Prepare to move any disabled persons and children.
4. Collect pets and pet needs.
5. If possible, move livestock to a safe area.
IN THE EVENT AN EVACUATION IS REQUIRED, residents in the Hallamore Lake area identified on the attached maps will need to exit the area.
A Reception Center has been established at the Clearwater Legion Hall at 257 Glen Road in Clearwater BC.
All residents that have been evacuated must register with Emergency Social Services at the designated reception center. Registration provides emergency personnel and family members with a list of evacuees and will provide evacuated residents with food, shelter and other personal necessities.
If you require transportation assistance or more information contact the Thompson- Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre at 1-866-377-7188.
For Immediate Release: July 8, 2017, 1400 hrs.