Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found on our website.
- Council confirmed the list of projects selected for a new Development Cost Charge Bylaw being developed by staff and directed that the Municipal Assist Factor will increase to 60% for water service projects and lowering the corresponding charge to developers.
- Council also directed staff to schedule a review for the new Development Cost Charge Bylaw in three years time.
- Council resolved to conduct the 2022 General Local Election as a hand count.
- Council approved a Grant-in-Aid request from to the Wells Gray Outdoors Club in the amount of $500 to be used for a half marathon.
- Council approved the donation of $14,827 to Yellowhead Community Services Society from the 2022 Council Contingency fund to assist with their takeover of the medical clinic.
- Council adopted District of Clearwater Emergency Program Bylaw No. 261, 2022.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 262, 2022 was introduced and read a first time and second time. Council approved taking the Bylaw to a Public Hearing
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 263, 2022 was introduced and read a first and second time. Council subsequently approved taking the Bylaw to a Public Hearing
- Council gave three readings to the District’s annual budget Bylaw, Bylaw No.264, the 2022-2026 Five Year Financial Plan.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.