2021-12-10 – Council Highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
- Council appointed Brent Cooper to the remaining member position on the Cemetery Advisory Select Committee for a one year term.
- Council arranged to pay the cost for an additional Clearwater student to participate in the 93rd BC Youth Parliament
- Council approved the 2022 District of Clearwater Council and Committee Meeting Schedule
- Council rescinded the names previously applied to three newly restructured Standing Committees and agreed to the following names:
- Government Operations Standing Committee
- Community and Economic Development and Infrastructure Standing Committee
- Parks, Recreation and Social Development Standing Committee
- Council appointed Chairs to the various Committees of the District of Clearwater (Standing, Select and External) for the January 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022 term.
- Council approved the appointment schedule for Acting Mayor starting with Councillor Frizzle (December 2021) with the remaining Council Members taking turns on a monthly rotational basis through to end of Council’s term.
- Council adopted Terms of Reference for a new Government Operations Standing Committee and created the following Working Groups to operate under that Committee:
- Council Strategic Plan Working Group
- Finance & Audit Working Group
- Public Policy Working Group
- Council adopted Terms of Reference for a new Community and Economic Development and Infrastructure Standing Committee and created the following Working Groups to operate under that Committee:
- Infrastructure Planning & Development Working Group
- Housing Growth Working Group
- Forestry Initiatives Working Group
- Council adopted Terms of Reference for a new Parks, Recreation and Social Development Standing Committee and created the following Working Groups to operate under that Committee:
- Major Community Events Working Group
- Council renewed the appointments of the members of the Community Economic Development for a further one-year term.
- Council directed staff to bring forward an estimate for replacing the Council Chambers Audio Visual Recording system.
- Council resolved to transfer $560,000 from 2021 Septage Receiving Revenues to 2021 Sewer Fund Revenues in order to cancel borrowed funds associated with the Cell 1 project.
- Council approved the appointment of the Municipal Insurance Association as the providers for the District of Clearwater’s property, liability and cyber insurance for 2022.
- Council adopted District of Clearwater Sewer User Fees Bylaw 258, 2021.
- Council adopted District of Clearwater Water User Fees Bylaw 259, 2021.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Watch the video of the meeting here.