Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council approved a recommendation from the Trails Task Force Committee that the District apply for the BC Active Transportation Grant for the construction of a trail from Park Drive connecting to Strawberry Flats through Park Drive Park and that the trail is constructed as a type 4 trail standard on a volunteer basis.
• Council approved a grant in aid request from the Wells Gray Search and Rescue in the amount of $1,000 for 2021 property taxes with funds to be expended from the 2021 Grant in Aid budget.
• Council directed that the Canfor Legacy Funds in the amount of $200,000 to the District’s General Operating Reserve, these funds were received in 2020 as a condition of the Ministerial Order 9 Agreement for the sale/transfer of Forest Tenure from Canfor to Interfor.
• Council authorized the District of Clearwater to participate in the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Invasive Weed Control Service starting in 2022.
• Council renewed the Mutual Aid Firefighting Assistance Agreement between the District of Clearwater and the Thompson Nicola Regional District which operates Blackpool and Vavenby Volunteer Fire Departments for a term of five (5) years commencing December 1st, 2020 and expiring November 30th, 2025.
• Council directed Administration to provide a letter of support of the Thompson Nicola Invasive Plant Management Committee recommendation from the December 17, 2020 Regular Board meeting for increased provincial funding to treat all roadways within the TNRD, treatment of long standing infestations and invasive plant treatments in parks on a five year cycle and that a copy of the letter be forwarded to SILGA for consideration.
• Council gave 1, 2 and 3 readings to Bylaws 233 – District of Clearwater Volunteer Fire Department and 247 – Water Rate Bylaw and formally adopted Bylaw 246 – Zoning Amendment.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. but is not open to the Public in accordance with the Public Health Order issued on December 2, 2020 for Gatherings and Events.