Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council will cover two nights accommodation and expenses up to $500.00 in order to host prospective medical services providers from of the recruitment budget.
• Council initiated the process for the development of a Parks Master Plan to be added as Business Case for consideration in the 2022 budget; and
• Council directed that the proposed Parks Master Plan address the establishment of a dog park in Clearwater.
• Council directed staff to provide cohesive and designated parking options for the boat launch including signage regarding parking available at 37 East parkland property.
• Council reappointed the current Trails Task Force Committee members for a further two (2) year term ending July 2023.
• Council directed staff to proceed with a grant application under the BC Active Transportation Grant Program of up to a maximum amount of $500,000, (30% 3rd party contribution) to complete the Wells Gray Inn to Highway 5 Roundabout multi-use paved pathway, District staff will be responsible for the overall grant management.
• Council approved a grant-in-aid request of $2,150 for Clearwater Minor Fastball Association to offset 50% of lost revenue from the 2020 season due to COVID to be funded from Operating Reserve (COVID Restart funds)
• Council approved the issuance of Development Variance Permit No. DVP-21-01 for 345 Helmcken St.
• Council resolved to purchase a community wide notification software for a maximum amount of $2,000.00 to be charged to Emergency Services licensing, funded by a financial plan amendment from unrestricted surplus.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.