Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found on our here.
- Council approved the purchase of a Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Compressor for the Fire Department; Council awarded of the contract to the successful bidder on the basis of a quote received via a listing on BC Bid.
- Council approved the purchase of 12 SCBA units and Rapid Intervention Team (RIT) Kit for the Fire Department; Council awarded of the contract to the successful bidder on the basis of a quote received via a listing on BC Bid.
- Council authorized a total budget of $41,021.23 to complete the additional repairs on the District’s backhoe with the funds to be expended from the 2021 Unrestricted surplus.
- Council directed Staff to change the watering hours posted on the website such that watering hours shall be immediately reduced to 7:00 am to 9:00 am and no evening watering. These heightened watering restrictions have been introduced as a temporary and extraordinary measure to meet current climatic conditions. Full water conservation rules are available here.
- Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 252, 2021, and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 253, 2021, were both given a third reading by Council.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.