Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council accepted the 2020 audited Financial Statements after a presentation by Mario Piroddi, Manager, BDO Canada LLP.
• Council approved refunds calculated at 50% of paid invoices for the 2020-2021 season (September to March) as a Grant In Aid to:
o Wells Gray Curling Club – $1,702.71
o Raft Mountain Skating Club – $4,317.50
o Clearwater and District Minor Hockey – $10,495.05
these grants to be funded from COVID Restart funds.
• Council approved the expenditure of $319,000 from the Road Reserves for the purposes of completing preparation and application of road repairs as set out in the Staff Report “2021 Road Works Program” presented to Council on May 4, 2021.
• Council adopted Bylaw No. 249, 2021 the 2021-2025 Five Year Financial Plan.
• Council gave three readings to Bylaw No. No. 250, 2021, the 2021 Annual Tax Rate. The Bylaw is scheduled to come before Council for formal adoption at a Special Council meeting on May 6, 2021.
• Council adopted Bylaw No. 251, 2021 a Bylaw to amend the Build Regulation Bylaw.
• Council expressed support for the Simpcw Resources Group application to the Kamloops Timber Supply Area for an increase in the amount of the Allowable Annual Cut and will send a letter recommending the approval.
• Council acknowledged the contributions of the Clearwater Rotary Club to the Splash Park and will District Staff to assist with the installation of a donated gazebo, checker board, and bear proof garbage can.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. but is not open to the Public in accordance with the Public Health Order issued on December 2, 2020 for Gatherings and Events.