Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council accepted the 2019 Financial Audit Report presented at the meeting by the District’s auditors.
• Council approved Flag Protocol Policy No. 2002 that provides guidelines to flying and half-masting the National Flag of Canada, the Flag of the Province of British Columbia and the Flag of the District of Clearwater on flagpoles.
• Council formally adopted Bylaw No. 236, 2020 with respect to the 2020-2024 Five Year Financial Plan.
• Council formally adopted Bylaw No. 237, 2020 with respect to establishing the 2020 Annual Tax Rates. The Bylaw provides for a no changes from 2019 for major/light industry, businesses and managed forests and an increase to residential, supportive housing, recreation and non-profit and farm properties of $10.47 per $100,000 of assessment.
• Council directed Administration to prepare a letter of support to the Minister of Finance with respect to concerns regarding interest charged on deferred mortgage payments.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Pursuant to Section 3 of Ministerial Order No. M139, Emergency Program Act, a Council is not required to allow members of the public to attend an opening meeting of the Council.