Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
- Council made the inaugural appointments to the recently established Cemetery Advisory Select Committee
- Council approved a recommendation from the Trails Task Force to allow Bannister Pipelines LP to upgrade the Type 4 connecting trail between Park Drive Park and Strawberry Flats (Clearwater Village Rd) in the Spring of 2022 as a volunteer contribution to the community of Clearwater
- Council approved up to $123,000.00 in additional funding for repairs and maintenance of Brookfield Bridge with the funds to be expended from the 2021 Gax Tax fund.
- Council approved an additional $20,000.00 in funding for overages to the Roads Capital Project Paving to be funded from the Roads Reserve.
- Council directed staff to coordinate with the Hospice on the installation of a “Phone of the Wind” telephone booth on the community path behind the hospital
- Council also directed staff to develop a Project Charter that will initiate a review of the District’s Emergency Measures Bylaw No. 21, 2008 and the District’s Emergency Response and Evacuation Plan in time for the beginning of the 2022 wildfire season.
- Council introduced Sewer User Fees Bylaw 258, 2021 and read it for the first, second and third times.
- Council introduced Water User Fees Bylaw 259, 2021 and read it for the first, second and third times.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Watch the video of the meeting here.