Council highlights provide a summary of key decisions made by Council during regularly scheduled meetings. Complete agenda packages and meeting minutes can be found here.
• Council directed Administration to move forward with the exploration of Lot 3 Plan EPP20233 DL 73 as a possible location for a dog park. The lot is located behind the Sportsplex. Potential benefits include access to water and clearing by Trans Mountain and that there are no residents in the immediate vicinity.
• Council approved directing Administration to submit the funding request of $53,600 under Letter of Intent to the Wells Gray Community Forest Society and approved awarding the contract for the construction of the Clearwater Valley Road (Dutch Lake Beach access) Multi-Use Pathways to Borrow Enterprises Ltd. In the amount of $180,849.50 (including GST).
• Council awarded the contract for supply and installation of playground equipment at the Weyerhaeuser Pioneer Playground to Green Roots Play Equipment Inc. for $13,911.45 (including applicable taxes).
• Council formally adopted Bylaw No. 216, 2019 – District of Clearwater Reserve Fund.
• Council formally adopted Bylaw 220, 2019 – District of Clearwater Firearms Regulation.
• Council gave 1st, 2nd and 3rd readings to Bylaw No. 217, 2019 – Septage Disposal Rate. The bylaw will be reviewed by Council on October 1st for formal adoption.
• Council directed Administration to post notice of the UN International Day of Older Persons on the District website on October 1st and to purchase the flag signifying the event.
The next Regular Council meeting is scheduled to be held Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 2 p.m.