Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, have issued a joint statement regarding updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) response in British Columbia. Read the full statement here.
– 42 new cases of COVID-19, total of 659 cases in British Columbia.
– total of 14 people who have died after testing positive for COVID-19.
– Every health region in British Columbia has patients with COVID-19:
- 339 are in the Vancouver Coastal Health region,
- 218 are in the Fraser Health region,
- 47 are in the Vancouver Island Health region,
- 46 are in the Interior Health region and
- 9 are in the Northern Heath region.
– 183 are now considered fully recovered and no longer have isolation requirements.
– order is in place prohibiting gatherings larger than 50 people
– Community connection is very important during this challenging time, either virtually or with physical distance. Celebrations and ceremonies that bring many people together, including our elders and seniors, need to be postponed.
For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community from COVID-19 and to use an online self-assessment tool, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/
The self-assessment app can be downloaded at: https://bc.thrive.health/
For non-health questions about COVID-19, call 1 888 COVID-19 or visit: www.gov.bc.ca/covid19
For a Chinese translation, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/2020.03.25_New_ExistingCasesCOVID-19_CN.pdf