Residents can now report certain occurrences online using the online crime reporting tool OCRE. Reporting online will be a convenient for residents and also freeing call takers and frontline staff to focus on the higher priority calls.
Not all crime can be reported via the online process, residents can only submit non-emergency occurences such as:
- Lost Property
- Theft of Bicycle Under $5,000
- Theft Under $5,000
- Theft Under $5,000 from Vehicle
- Damage/Mischief Under $5,000 to Property
- Damage/Mischief Under $5,000 to Vehicle
- Driving Complaints
- Hit and Run to Unoccupied Vehicle or Property
The online reporting tool cannot be used if
- you have a witness to or suspect for the crime you are reporting
- lost or stolen item(s) involves personal identity or firearms, or cost more than $5,000
- Vandalized property or vehicle will cost more than $5,000 to repair
In these cases, please contact your local police at 250-674-2237 (non-emergency line).
For emergency, please dial 9-1-1.