The budget serves as an outline for how the monies that come into the District of Clearwater should be spent to maintain and improve the District.
As the District is limited by the amount of resources available, the budget helps in determining which objectives have the highest priority and will produce the greatest positive impact in the community.
The District of Clearwater incorporates an overall long term financial sustainability principle into the development of the financial plan. The foundation of this principle is to:
- Ensure adequate funding for services and infrastructure
- Access diversified sources of revenue
- Manage expenditures / contain costs / be efficient
- Provide for contingencies / manage business risk / operate prudently
- Maintain reserves for the future
- Use debt strategically
The Financial Plan
- Focuses on sustaining reserves
- Continues Council’s policy of infrastructure sustainability
- Supports Council’s “Strategic Priorities”